Hello! Ciao! Hola!
I'm Ashley Elizabeth Barrett, but others know me as Ash, Shorty (by Mom), PP (reason to be concealed), Ashy... you name it. I love nick names and perpetually call people something other than what their birth certificate says... Life is more fun that way :)
Outside the doors to my apartment in Florence
A little bit about me...
- Lived and studied in Florence, Italy (my dream since I was 16) and absolutely fell in love with the country and Europe.
- Graduated from Washington State University with a degree in Apparel Merchandising and minor in Fine Arts.
- Worked as a Personal Stylist for Nordstrom for about a year. (It was not like playing barbie with real people, if you're wondering.)
- Quit my potential career and got certified in teaching English as a second language as a chance to return to Europe.
- Met an awesome guy who was interested in doing the same. We hit it off and are currently dating.
- Started working for Women For One- a place where women can share their stories of life lessons and personal growth in order to create a new future for themselves. Check out the website here!
- Learned that teaching in Italy was out of the question so I applied to teach in Spain!
- MOVED TO SPAIN....
And the rest as of now is waiting to be told....
Lover of gelato, live music, and meeting new people. Although I don't work primarily in fashion, as of now, its something I will always be interested in. I believe that true style isn't about where you shop but how you wear something.
I'm an avid Yogini favoring Bikrams strict style of 26 perfected postures. Try hot yoga- your life will be forever changed (maybe for the worst the first class but it gets better- Promise!). As well as going to Italy, I was lucky enough to have the chance to go to Bali, Indonesia. I was there for a two week yoga retreat and learned more things about yoga than I thought was possible. I'm learning however that with most things, there is always more to learn. Im starting to extend my yoga practice from being a Bikram snob to flowing through the power vinyasa style and learning all that a chaturanga has to offer.
I'm looking to travel the world, explore and gain new perspective... All while being creative, imaginative and a little crafty- Oh and of course having a lot of fun! Cheers!