Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time Traveler's Daughter

If you're somewhat close to me in any way, you probably know that my dad has been working diligently over the last two years on a vintage car. Either I have told you, posted about it via Facebook, Instagram etc. or you know me well enough to have met my dad and the car was probably one of the main topics of your conversation.  Two years ago while I was a junior in college, my dad found a 1936 Dodge on Craig's list that was in "immaculate shape" (so he said) and just couldn't pass up.  When he bought the car, I was thoroughly annoyed because I couldn't see its full potential and thought that it was the biggest waste of money! After hundreds of hours of patience and hard work, my dad (along with the help of my mom) has turned this old beater, called "The Adam's family car" by my sister, into a beautiful dream boat! :) I'm so proud of my dad for all of his hard work and now instead of giving him grief for the ol' thing, I'm asking him to take me for rides around the town in it! Someday this will be my wedding get-away car.... someday... ;). It really is a beautiful car. 


Here is my Dad with his car before the restoration process started

I titled this post, Time Traveler's Daughter not only because of the photos of me with my Dad's 1936 vintage car but also because of my vintage inspired outfit. The dress that I am wearing reminds me of something a 1950's housewife would wear.  Its somewhat "Stepford-esque".  Imagine me as a character from the movie "The Stepford Wives" haha... that's kinda silly ;) 

Xoxox Ashiee B

















Dress: Boutique in Vancouver, Canada. Shirt: Splendid. Belt: Vintage. Necklaces: Forever 21. 
Shoes: Bata (Italy). Watch: Michael Kors. Sunnies: BP, Nordstrom. 


Feeling: Proud of myself for running in the Beat the Bridge 8k this past weekend without previously training. I need to kick my butt back into shape!
Anticipating: The biggest move of my life (Don't worry, if I haven't told you in person... I will eventually blog about it)
Listening: To my dad talk to our cat, Reggie... "Hey Dude!!" -Dad (spoken in a cartoon voice) haha why do all people interact with animals in an accent??

As always, thanks for following my blog and continuing to give me a reason to write and share my passion with you! I really appreciate it! XOXOX


1 comments:

fleurani said...

Ash, a big compliment to your dad, he pimped up this vintage car to a dream car. I love it so much and I can really see you "someday" with your lovely wedding dress in it :-). I would def enjoy riding in it too when I have that special day but I probably go with the horse carriage :-).

I am obsessed with floral print dresse this season as well. You look beautiful Ash and your outfit complements the vintage car perfectly.

Have a great weekend and good luck in your race

<3 Ani


PS: We def need to do a collaborate post when you are in Europe the next time :-)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011, All rights reserved